+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zenyatta moved to the "foaling barn"

Administrator Afleet Treet will become famous soon enough Afleet Treet will become famous soon enough Afleet Treet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zenyatta moved to the "foaling barn"

First a Rachel/Curlin colt to get over the moon about (the little prince is SOOOOOOOOOO adorable and Rachel is a good mommy).....Just read this morning that Zenyatta and her pasture mate (Tasty Temptation whi I think is in foal to Distorted Humor and who has the same due date as Zen) have been moved to the foaling barn and are now under foal watch. Two ROYAL TB babies to get excited about as well as all the other foals being born and all the awesome horses either debuting or returning for another run in 2012!! Gonna be an exciting year! Starting off pretty darn good!!! HOOF HOOF HOORAY!!!

Administrator Afleet Treet will become famous soon enough Afleet Treet will become famous soon enough Afleet Treet's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is Z's diary entry along with a few pictures....look how BIG she is (check out the picture in her stall)!! HOLY COW! That's gonna be a big baby!!! So funny to have seen her and Rachel so heavy in foal when we are so used to seeing them in perfect "racing" shape and svelte and gorgeous! They are both still gorgeous just seems like yesterday we were laughing, crying cheering for both of them and now look how far we and they have come!!! I'll try to dig up any diary entries or news abotu Rachel and will TRY to keep everyone posted about Zen's foaling status as I hear anything. I just love the "new baby" time of year. I recently saw a Blame colt too! SUPER CUTE!! Enjoy the diary & pics today.

(courtesy of Zenyatta.com)

Diary Post #430

Here I am…DANCING in my new paddock! Photo by Sarah Campion

Happy Friday!
    I wanted to share with YOU some of the new experiences taking place in my life these days! Needless to say, Tasty and I are personally sharing all of these activities together! We are having SO MUCH FUN!

Yesterday, I was hand-walked around my new paddock. Matt was with ME every moment throughout the ‘new adventure’. All of this one-to-one time was given so I could have every opportunity to ‘check it all out’ and get completely acquainted with every inch of my new grazing areas and outdoor surroundings. It took some time, but I truly enjoyed every single moment! My dear pal, MATT, is so sweet and incredibly patient with ME. After completely touring my new paddock area, I must tell you…I was so happy…I BEGAN TO DANCE!!

I am such a FORTUNATE HORSE!

It was also a special time for ME when I was introduced to MY NEW STALL. I’ve heard it was freshly painted recently getting ready for ME. (Great job, guys! It looks fabulous!) I have an open area in the upper portion of my stall door so I can put my head out and see everything going on in the shed row. You know ME…I don’t want to miss a thing! Also, this is great news! When we are in our new barn, TASTY’s stall is located directly across from ME…just like always…so we can relax, visit, and have a wonderful time! We are the best of friends!

My new stall in the ‘foaling barn’ is rather spacious, cheerful, and quite lovely. Being a very curious horse, once inside the stall for the first time, I wanted to investigate every inch of the space. It is absolutely perfect!

TASTY agrees! She is extremely happy with all of her new surroundings and experiences as well!

At this time, I’d also like to take a moment and thank you for sharing all of these special and cherished moments in my life with ME! It is such an exciting time!
    Please enjoy your weekend and all of the great racing taking place around the country! It is our wonderful sport of Thoroughbred Horse Racing that brought ALL OF US together!
    With Love,
    Hugs to All~(Also, Happy Super Bowl Sunday!)
    Z

There is so much going on these days! I love it! Giants or Patriots….which is YOUR CHOICE??? I hope it is a close score! Championship games are so much more FUN to watch when they are really competitive! I guess you can say I am someone who loves the excitement in sports of CLOSE FINISHES!

I looked at the pictures before I read your post Treet, and the first thought was "good Lord she's HUGE"

Blog Entries
    LOL! Karen that's whay I thought too...especially that one in the stall!! Sheesh! That baby will be born and ready for the track in ten minutes! LMAO!! Good thing she's a BIG girl!!!

Hall of Fame Champion Fdf47 is an unknown quantity at this point Fdf47's Avatar
    Brooklyn, NY native. Somehow wound up in Wyoming.
    Thanks for the update, Treet...I generally visit Zen's web site/facebook page once a week...by the way, just went to Stonestreet for latest on RA and her Curlin colt...not one word...they sure don't bother to update much. I read Rachel & foal would return to the farm on Jan. 31st...so why no update? Is she home at the farm or not...aaarrgghhh...frustrating!!

Anyway...Zenyatta is really huge for a maiden mare...too much so. This kinda concerns me...we really do not want her to have a big foal...it'd be hard on her during delivery and she could tear...but the way her belly looks, she's dropped enough to beleive foaling will be soon enough...another thing, I thought her 'due date' (which is always really just an approximate) was in March.? She resorbed that fetus last year the last day or two of March, so was probably re bred 2 weeks later (if they messed with her cycle to get her back in heat faster), which would make her actual 'due date' next month sometime in March...if I am right about that, we still have a few weeks to wait.
    I wonder if she's bagging up yet? I'd like to know that.

Man, the last few weeks seem to slow down so much when you're waiting for a mare to foal... I also hope Zen & Tasty foal within 48 hrs of each other...that would be fun and at weaning time, both mares can console each other because the babies would probably be weaned together!!

OH...here's some news: BLIND LUCK ALSO HAS A DATE WITH BERNARDINI... she's at the farm now...woooooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!
    Last edited by Fdf47; February 5th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
    "All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
    Gandalf the Grey

Blog Entries
    Fdf,
    They said Zen is due in late February or very Early March. She DOES look low though so I imagine that's why they moved her to the foaling barn. She does look VERY big though so I would surmise the foal will be here very soon. It also could be that she looks so big because she IS so big. Tasy isn't nearly her size and the pics of them both walking to the foaling area were dramatically different and they were both bred on the same day...I guess we'll see soon enough. Zen gets the best care so try not to worry.

As for Rachel...she IS back on the farm and both she and her colt are doing well. The move to Rood & RIddle was a precaution after the colt was born more than a necessity. From the limited stuff I have read they are both doing very well. She posts on FB from time to time so it sounds like everything is A-ok. I too wish we'd get more updates on her. She was so beloved for so long that it's hard to go so long without updates or anything. I bet we see new pictures or hear someting new very soon.

And YES!!! Blind Luck is going to Bernardini...last I read she was at Hill-N- Dale awaiting her date with the stallion. I do know that once she is successfully in foal she will be brought to Pegasus here in WA to have her foal so I am completely over the moon that her colt or filly will be a WA bred. Good for our industry up here for sure, although I am sure as soon as possible the baby will be scooped up to race elsewhere...I seriously would love nothing more than to see her colt or filly race here at my hometrack of Emerald Downs. THAT would be SO cool.As soon as I get any further word I shall let you know as I think someone mentioned something about a visitor's open house...I doubt they would do that with her BUT if they do you can bet I will be there with my trusty camera in hand.....I'll keep you posted!

Blog Entries
    Zen's official foaling date is March 9th....maiden mares always push the envelope to shake it up...eaither they are early or late. Here is a FABULOUS article about foaling and combing the art of nature, science and anticipation. The video is awesome too. The little foal is SO cute!

It was also interesting to read about most mares foaling at night and around a full moon. Incidentally, Zenyatta is due March 9th and the full moon is on March 8th (Gen3's birthday). SO EXCITING to wait for it....a little nervewracking too! LOL!

Anyway, enjoy the video.
    http://www.drf.com/news/zenyatta-wai...d-anticipation

like people, a due date is only an educated guess and two weeks either side of that date is perfectly normal. I'm sure they moved her just as a matter of course- I used to mine to the foaling barn a month ahead. which I think is about what they have done! Gives her time to settle in to her new environment so that if she were to come early she'd be happy in her surroundings by then.
    You know she only has the very best people around her, and so I am not going to worry about her but trust in the Lord and the excellent care she's getting to see her through.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbetonthegray View Post
    like people, a due date is only an educated guess and two weeks either side of that date is perfectly normal. I'm sure they moved her just as a matter of course- I used to mine to the foaling barn a month ahead. which I think is about what they have done! Gives her time to settle in to her new environment so that if she were to come early she'd be happy in her surroundings by then.
    You know she only has the very best people around her, and so I am not going to worry about her but trust in the Lord and the excellent care she's getting to see her through.
    The main reason for getting mares into their foaling stall early is so their system can build up immunities to whatever 'germs' are hanging around...that and so they feel at home when they give birth...but building immunities is #1.

Read that the Moss's will be there for the big event. John & Dottie will visit after the foal is born, when they can get away.
    Gandalf the Grey

Red face Zen Update

http://www.zenyatta.com/diary/diary-post-451

Jerry & Ann Moss are at the farm with Zenyatta.... I'd give a million $$ to be there for this foaling too...hope someone has a barn cam going during the big event. Best of luck, Zenyatta... here's to a nice normal foaling!!

I'm so damned nervous & excited!!!
    Gandalf the Grey

+ Reply to Thread